Thinking Hand Ngo International Competition In Collaboration with Ketham’s Atelier
An open invitation to design innovative furniture for neglected communities in India and Africa
Competition Design brief:Competition is open to everyone including students and professionals. Design a furniture, which is ergonomically sound, cost effective, environment friendly and feasible to build in neglected communities. As we all are aware, inhabitants in slums and other neglected communities lack space to accommodate. The furniture designed shall fit and transform from smaller spaces to larger spaces, based on adaptive user need, help them to store, sit, sleep, read, and write and more.Evaluation criteria:
- Quality in design
- Material (Environment friendly)
- Stability and structure
- Buildable idea
- Expressing idea clearly on paper
Aims and objectives of the competition:
- To bring awareness among students/professionals how design can help in ameliorating the conditions of society.
- To motivate students and professionals to think out of the box and execute them 1:1 scale.
- To build innovative furniture for the deprived, and contribute to benefit the neglected communities around the world.
Prizes: First, Second, Third and Two special mentions
Ketham’s Atelier Architects would fund those selected designs and helps in developing design and constructs the prototypes and shares it with neglected communities in India and Africa. And also winners will receive Trophy, Certificate, TH t-shirt and publication.
Jury: National and International jurors from diverse backgrounds
Jurors: Karim Najjar, Rames Najjar, Ketham Santosh Kumar, Satya Prakash, Volker Flamm, Jose Carlos lopez Cerventes, Oliver von malm, Mario Novak, Rudroj Ravi Kumar
Registration deadline: 26 January 2018 (Anyone can participate who is interested in designing) Please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention why you would like to participate in competition
5. Phone number
(Once registered you will receive unique ID number by email)
Entry: Free (one person can submit only one project)
Project submission format:
- Online submission to email@example.com
- Maximum Three A3 size sheets (landscape format)
- Maximum Text 500 words, which expresses idea clearly. Scale of the drawings is up to participant’s choice.
- Please mention your Unique Registration ID number on top right hand corner of the sheet.
- Please submit your entry on or before 20 February 2018 at 11:59 PM IST (Indian Standard Time)
Competition Poster and Design brief release: 20 Dec 2017
Registration deadline: 26 January 2018
Panel Jurors poster: 26 January 2018
Deadline for online submission: 20 February 2018.
For questions and queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org